Tips for Applying Bright Blush:
- The most important tip to applying these beauties is to use a stippling brush. Stippling brushes are usually identified by their "skunk"-iness -- they have both white and black bristles. The black bristles are shorter and more dense, with the longer white bristles spread throughout. This means that you are able to pick up less product than a traditional brush but because the white bristles are still spread out, you're able to apply the blush over a larger area. Stippling brushes make it WAY easier to apply blush more subtly.
|Sonia Kashuk "Highlighting" Brush (stippling/skunk)|
|See how the white bristles are spread out less densely?|
- Even though I use a stippling brush, I still need to be extra careful and gentle when picking up product from the pan. I VERY lightly dab the brush into the product.
- To be safe, I also gently tap the brush onto a tissue or the back of my hand to remove any excess blush.
- Then I finally apply the blush onto my cheeks. I like to "stipple" the blush on (meaning lightly tapping the stippling brush) and then blend with short strokes.
- If after applying it's not pigmented enough, just repeat the steps again. It's always better to be safe than sorry when using bright blushes!
Thank you all so much for reading!! If you're enjoying my posts please subscribe to this blog using blogger/Google friend connect or Bloglovin!
How do you apply bright blushes? What are your favorite shades?